A logo or symbol registered by accreditation body. The cer tificates issued by the OSS with accreditation body logo. The accreditation mark presents that the issued certificate is accredited certification . Normally, a certificate bears 2 logos. One is logo o f OSS , and the other is a logo of accreditation body . In case of QMS and EMS certification , the certificate bears 3 logo ? s - OSS Logo, accreditation Body o and IAF logo – when the certificate has been issued under the accreditation of accreditation Body . As per the requirements of ISO /IEC 17021 - 1 :20 15 & Accred itation Body - The certificates issued by the OSS which are within its scope of accreditation, shall b ear the accreditation mark ( Logo of accreditation Body Logo along with OSS Logo) . This demonstrate that the certificate is " accredited " by Accreditation Body
When the audit is conducted out of scope of accreditation of Accreditation Body, the certificate shall be issued without accreditation body logo and this certificate shall be known as unaccredited certifica tion. The issue of unaccredited certificate arises in two situations.
- When OSS looking for scope of Extension for any management system certification, which is not accredited. In this situation OSS shall conduct the Audit and issue the certificate .
- Clie nt is requested for unaccredited certificate, which is out of OSS accreditation scope. The certificate without accreditation mark could be issued under above situation . The reliability for the certificate without accreditation mark shall be ensured by t he OSS and organization that desires to obtain the unaccredited certificate . At the time of receipt of application from client for unaccredited certification. The OSS sales coordination team shall notify to client in advance that a certificate without ac creditation mark presents that it is not accredited certificate, therefore legal or institutional benefits is limited and disadvantage due to the lack of reliability can be taken in import, exp o rt, international tender, etc by buyer or relevant body.
When it is found that an uncertified organization us ing OSS certification mark along with Accreditation body logo on the certificate or any other advertisement materia l etc. The OSS shall report to accreditation Body immediately and OSS shall contact to concern organization, take the necessary action . If required OSS shall take the legal action under the Intellectual Property Right Act ( IPR act. )
The OSS shall not permit to certified client to use the OSS & accreditation body Logo on laboratory test report or calibration certificate or inspection Reports, as such reports are deemed to be products in this context. The OSS shall not permit to its certified client to use the OSS & accreditation body Logo on a product or product packaging seen by the consumer or in any other way that may be interpreted as denoting product conformity.
At the time of Initial certification, the legally enforceable arrangement (F - 0014) shall be signed between OSS and client. The OSS shall inform to the client (in writing) the followings as part of Management system certification agreement, along with other terms and conditions of certification.
- Conforms to the requirements of the OSS when making reference to its certification status in communication media such as the internet, brochures or advertising, or other documents.
- Does not make or pe rmit any misleading statement regarding its certification
- Does not use or permit the use of a certification document or any part thereof in a misleading manner
- Upon withdrawal of its certification, discontinues its use of all advertising matter that contains a reference to certification, as directed by the OSS.
- Amends all advertising matter when the scope of certification has been reduced.
- Does not allow reference to its management system certification to be used in such a way as to imply that the OSS certi fies a product (including service) or process.
- Does not imply that the certification applies to activities and sites that are outside the scope of certification.
- Does not use its certification in such a manner that would bring the OSS and/or certification system into disrepute and lose public trust.
The use of OSS and Accreditation Body Logo. T he certified clients shall assure, among other things, traceability back to the OSS. There shall be no ambiguity, in the mark or accompanying text, as to what has been certified and which management system certification has been granted.
The use of any statement on product packaging or in accompanying information that the certified client has a certified management system. Product packaging is considered as that which can be removed without the product disintegrating or being damaged. Accompanying information is considered as separately available or easily detachable. Type labels or identification plates are considered as part of the product. The statement shall in no way imply that the product, process or service is certified by this means. The statement shall include reference to:
- Identification (e.g. brand o r name) of th e certified client.
- The type of management system (e.g. quality, environment) and the applicable standard certified
- The Name of OSS ( as certification body) issuing the certificate.
- Conforms to the requirements of the OSS when making reference to its certification status in communication media such as the internet, brochures or advertising, or other documents
- Does not make or permit any misleading statement regarding its certifica tion,
- Does not use or permit the use of a certification document or any part thereof in a misleading manner,
- Upon suspension or withdrawal of its certification, discontinues its use of all advertising matter that contains a reference to certification , as directed by the OSS.
- amends all advertising matter when the scope of certification has been reduced,
- Does not allow reference to its management system certification to be used in such a way as to imply that the OSS certifies a product (including service) or process,
- Does not imply that the certification applies to activities that are outside the scope of certification, Does not use its certification in such a manner that would bring the OSS and/or certification system into disrepute and lo se public trust.
- The OSS and accreditation Body Logo may be enlarged or reduced but shall be not more than 10mm with the original size .
- The OSS and accreditation Body Logo shal l be reproduced as detailed below or in black and white may be used if necessary .
- The OSS and accreditation Body Logo shall not be used in isolation and shall be used within the designated scope and valid period. If certification scope is reduced or w ithdrawn it shall immediately cease use of OSS and accreditation Body Logo for the reduced scope or withdrawn scope only .
- The accreditation Body Logo shall be used along with OSS certification mark and the accreditation mark shall be arranged as exp lained below
- The OSS and accreditation Body Logo may be used on (package of product) or (Package of unit packaging) but shall not use on the product or unit package . Detail is as following.
- Product packaging: packaging used for product safety and facilitation of distribution
- Advertising or promotional materials: Printed or manufactured matters such as business cards or letters head, brochures, documents, invoices, website, Email Signature and other advertising material that is not classified as product under the industrial classification.
- product or unit packaging: the minimum unit item for product distribution, unit packaging for the product such as cigarette case, canned goods, beverage cans, etc.
- Samples or other statement of produc t conformity
- Flag, building or vehicles.
- A certified client may advertise the certification using certification mark, name of OSS, certification standard and number, etc on t he documents, invoices and advertising.
- A certified clients shall not use certification mark, name of OSS , certification standard or number on their product or misleading way that implies the OSS certifies a product.
- If necessary, certified organ ization may use certification mark on the documents such as procedure, instruction, provision, material or certificate, etc.
- The certified client can advertise for certification status only from the date of certification issued .
- The certified Client make sure that the use of logo and certification reference according to OSS Rules for use of Logo for complying the fair Labeling and Advertising Act and its implementing ordinances
- Misuse of accreditation mark may be ground for withdrawal of cert ification, therefore when it is found that the certified clients misuse the certification mark for advertising, catalogue, etc., appropriate action shall be taken.
- When an uncertified organization uses false certification mark, l egal action could be ta ken under the Fair Labeling and Advertising Act and its implementing ordinances , and it shall be reported to accreditation Body.
To control the ownership of OSS Logo, accreditation body logo and reference of certification. The OSS sal es coordination team shall carry out the use logo survey of certified client on regular frequency.
During the logo survey the followings activities shall be carried out
During the logo survey the followings activities shall be carried out
- Visit the client website or the social media
- Verify the use of logo and certification reference
- If the certification reference or use of logo is not appropriate, the sales coordination team shall communicate to client for the same and provide the necessary guideline.
- If the certificate is under suspension or withdrawn and client is using the certification reference and OSS logo& accreditation body logo. The sales coordination team coordinates with the organization for removal of the same and notifies the CEO for further action.
- If the OSS Logo or OSS Logo along with Accreditation Body Log o is use by Organization
- where organization is not certified by OSS. The sales coordination team coordinates with the organization for removal of the same and notifies the CEO for further action.
As when it is noticed for misuse of OSS Trademark registered Logo
- the OSS will contact to misusers to 'cease and desist' the OSS registered Trademark Logo .
- If misusers – Stop the using the OSS registered Trademark Logo – The OSS will ask the misusers to send us the written declaration to not to use in future OSS registered Trademark Logo unless /until it is Authorized by OSS.
- If misusers not responding any action of OSS notice for misuse of Logo - OSS will ask Legal Advocate to send the Legal Notice and take action against as Appropriate. In this condition the misusers are the self - responsible for any financial loss or legal act ion.